Mark Trostle was appointed Head of Performance, Passenger Car and Utility Vehicle Exterior Design in January 2017. He is responsible for all design activities for Dodge and the brand’s performance division, SRT (Street and Racing Technology), as well as utility vehicle exterior design. Trostle reports to Ralph Gilles – Head of Design.
Prior to his appointment, Trostle served as Head Dodge and SRT Design, leading the exterior design development of the Dodge Viper, Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
Since first joining the Company in 1992, Trostle has had extensive experience in developing and executing successful design strategies in the Product Design Office. Significant elements of his professional background include:
– 2017 Head of Performance, Passenger Car and Utility Vehicle Exterior Design, FCA
– 2016 Head of Dodge and SRT Design, FCA North America
– 2015 Head of Dodge and SRT Design, FCA North America
– 2011 Head of SRT, Mopar and Motorsports Design
– 2010 Chief Designer, Ram and Dodge Exterior Design
– 2007 Chief Designer, Exterior/Interior Studio, Chrysler LLC
– 2004 Senior Manager, Exterior/Interior Studio Chrysler LLC, Daimler Chrysler
– 2002 Manager, Advanced Design Studio
– 2000 Manager, Dodge Ram Design Studio
– 1997 Senior Designer, Jeep Design Studio, Chrysler Corporation
– 1996 Designer, Chrysler Pacifica Studio
– 1992 Designer, Chrysler Exterior/Interior Studio
Trostle holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in transportation design from the College for Creative Studies, School of Art and Design in Detroit (1992).